- Cut tube within 1⁄2” from end with wire cutters.Cutting the tube actually closes the end.
- Apply a dab of silicone sealant at the end of the capillary tube after it has been cut.
- The IG unit must always be installed with the capillary tube pointing down along a vertical edge.
- Do not push or pull the capillary tube as this will loosen it, creating a path for moisture to enter the IG unit.
- Allow units to equalize pressure by resting in a vertical position at the jobsite elevation for a minimum of 72 hours or until the lites are essentially flat.
- Closing the tubes over a wide range of temperatures, or during extreme low or high temperatures may result in IG units having varying degrees of flatness.
- Failure to follow these instructions will void the IG warranty.
Posted in: FAQ